Thursday, January 15, 2009

Call Me Crazy...

Well.....if anyone has been watching the weather lately, you will have noticed an Arctic Chill covering much of the midwest. Michigan, in particular, has been setting record lows.

And for some CRAZY reason, Krag and I have decided to visit this frozen tundra! We live in Phoenix...and I'm pretty sure my limbs fall off and I die when it drops below 50 degrees. My uncle said it is supposed to warm up soon, like 8 degrees above zero.....awesome.

I apologize in advance if frostbite gets me and I can write no more blogs. Otherwise, if either of us still has 10 fingers, we will be writing again on Monday.

Oh, and don't forget to vote for your charity in our last post (the save-kim's-frozen-toes foundation is totally fair game)!

3 comments:

  1. Hey...ask who you are visiting in Michigan if they know about the U.P. (upper peninsula) Yoopers. I live there and it was -18 this morning when we got up (yup...that is 18 degrees BELOW zero.) The news said we had -35 to -40 windchill last night. Many of the schools are cancelled for the second day in a row. Ya' gotta be tough to live in UPPER Michigan. ha But, we live in a log home on a gorgeous lake, so the other 6 months of the year are heaven. The changing of the seasons are beautiful. You just have to make it from around Jan. thru March, during the frozen tundra stage. It's like childbirth...you forget about the pain after it is over because you have the breathtaking birth of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 degrees above zero? Oh my goodness! I hear, though, that Phoenix has been unusually chilly this year ... is that true? But chilly in Phoenix is nothing compared to chilly in other areas.

    I lived in Phoenix for 7 months one time ... March to September. I know ... what was I thinking? :)

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been tagged with an award. Go to my website:
    http://www.myretirementchronicles.blogspot.com

    Thanks!
    The Retired One

    ReplyDelete