Monday, January 12, 2009

People Who Are the Opposite of Einstein - 1st Edition

I put 1st edition in the title because I have a feeling this won't be the last one of these we throw up here. Part of my 2009 goals is to practice better patience and it helps to write about these kinds of people...Wow, the blog is already helping us achieve our goals!

People who drive aggressively or ignorantly with young children in their vehicle are the opposite of Einstein.

I do not have kids yet, but I will someday, and when I picture the beauty that will be my child, I cannot EVER imagine putting them in danger like some people do when they drive. For gooodness sakes, I drive below the speed limit when I'm taking my CATS to the vet (though if you've seen some of my other posts, I guess that's not too surprising).

But what I saw yesterday goes way past driving like an idiot. I saw a woman driving a giant van, talking on her cellphone. Okay, we all talk on our cellphone while driving sometimes, so not too out of the ordinary, but here's where it all goes wrong: there was someone in the passenger seat, someone in the seat behind the driver, someone in the captain's chair behind the front-passenger, and a 5 year-old girl STANDING UP in between the four seats!

Einstein that woman is not...

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean lol. I have seen this also quite a bit in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand and am so glad that they past a law in the state of Washington, where I am from, that driving while chatting on your cell phone is a secondary offense. However, it has not stopped people from taking that chance and taking a chance of endangering their lives and the other drivers. So glad for your views on children also, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true. Sometimes I see people doing things while driving and you wonder how they haven't been in an accident. Actually, I've written a post awhile back about how I saw a woman hit someone because she was too busy talking on her cell phone.

    ReplyDelete